The principal of the firm, Jennifer Hamilton, is a long-standing and prominent member of the Family Law profession. For a number of years she represented Queensland Solicitors on the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
Jennifer Hamilton and Louise Sawtell are Accredited Specialists in the area of Family and Defacto Relationship Law.
The firm’s professionalism, expertise and insight enhance the firm’s reputation as one of Queensland’s leading Family Law practices. Continuing professional development is regularly undertaken by our team to ensure we maintain the highest standards.
What is an Accredited Specialist?
An Accredited Specialist is a person who is recognised by the Queensland Law Society as being an expert in their field of law. An Accredited Specialist must meet the following criteria as set down by the Queensland Law Society:-
- Have a minimum of five (5) years full-time practice experience and a minimum of three (3) years experience in their area of specialisation
- Each year, maintain a high degree of professional development in their area of specialisation
- Pass a comprehensive examination process developed by the legal professional experts
- Satisfy professional development for re-accreditation each year.
Our services in Family Law
Our firm has extensive experience in the following areas:-
- Complex financial matters
- Property settlements
- Defacto and same sex relationships
- Spousal maintenance
- Financial agreements
- Injunction and Personal Protection Orders
- Superannuation issues
- Children’s arrangements
- Child support
- Child abduction and Hague Convention cases
- Paternity disputes
- Mediation, dispute resolution and arbitration
- Obtaining Court approval for medical procedures on children
We also work closely with various professionals with respect to:-
- Business and property valuations
- Accounting and taxation
- Family dispute resolution
- Psychological and psychiatric assessment of parties and children